Preventive measures for Tourists to contain spread of COVID-19. Guidelines for Pilgrimage Journey in 2020
A. Generic preventive measures :
- Tourists should wear face covers/mask and hand gloves (preferable reusable) or ensure for proper disposal.
- Tourists should practice frequent hand washing with soap or use of alcohol-based sanitizers in train/transport/stay etc.
- Tourists are advised to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth with their hands.
- Tourists should strictly followed Respiratory etiquettes. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues properly.
- Tourists should self-monitoring of their health at all the time and reporting any illness at the earliest to Tour Manager and IRCTC helpline.
- All tourists are advised that spitting is strictly prohibited in train , tourist places, buses, hotels/dharamshala etc.
- Installation & use of Aarogya Setu App is must for all the tourists.
- All tourists have to abide to the mandatory health advisories issued by the States/Local administration which they are visiting.
- Tourist should avoid using other tourist’s phone, water bottle, umbrella etc as much as possible.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet to be followed during boarding / de boarding of train/any other transport, monuments & pilgrim places visit, group lunches/dinners etc.
- Loitering and crowding should be avoided in train corridors, gates, cabins, hotels/dharmashala etc.
- Touching of statues/idol/holy books etc. not allowed in religious/tourist places.
- No physical offering like Prasad/distribution or sprinkling of holy water etc inside the religious place.
- Avoid physical contact while greeting each other.
B. Other preventive measures:
- Persons above 65 year age, persons with comorbidities, pregnant woman and children below age of 10 years are advised to stay at home.
- Only asymptomatic tourists are allowed to travel.
- Tourists have to submit declaration at the time of commencing the trip for not having Covid-19 infection, these guidelines for Pilgrimage journey in 2020 will definitely help all the passengers.
- Tourists have to submit undertaking he/she will abide to the directions of IRCTC to control the spread of Covid-19.
- All tourists have to pass through temperature scanning through Infrared thermometer before they commence the trip.
- Tourists have to carry limited luggage while going on tour and those luggage should be compulsorily sanitized before taking back to the train.
- Tourist should wash their hands and feet with soap and water before entering any religious premises.
- Any tourists found with abnormally high temperature or with COVID other symptoms shall be referred the nearest COVID-19 checking facility at their own expenses.
Guidelines for Pilgrimage Journey in 2020:
Food: Morning breakfast with tea/coffee, lunch, night dinner/tiffin.
Transport: 55 Seater Non-push back-Non AC/similar bus for pick up from station and sightseeing will be arranged. Where buses are not permitted, the tourists have to make their own arrangements on alternative modes. Entrance fees, Pooja, Special Darshan charges, Horse-ride and Boating-charges are to be borne by the tourists.
Terms & Conditions
- Passengers have to board and de-board the train at nominated stations as per the final Railway order and local transportation expenses to be borne by tourists on their own.
- The package tour decided by the IRCTC which will include Sleeper Class/Third A/c Train Tickets, Pure Vegetarian Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Dormitory/Hall accommodation and Bus for local sightseeing only.
- At Destinations, only Dharamshala accommodation (Dormitory/ Hall) will be provided. The bed rolls will be provided and laid on the ground, beds will not be provided. However, if guests want, they can request the Tour Escort/Train Manager for the booking of hotel rooms on extra cost to be paid by the guest as per the feasibility and availability. (There is no commitment of providing beds and room to Bharat Darshan Passengers).
- It is suggested to carry your own bed sheets and pillow to maintain better personal hygienic condition and safety.
- Carry sufficient surgical masks and sanitizer and use frequently to be safe and healthy.
- Keep one metre physical distance between people.
- Do not touch with hands any other things. Do not give shake hand. Do not participate in the mass gathering.
- Being a cost value package, personalized service is not viable; hence kindly converge with the group. In case of any assistance required, do contact our group representative.
- Passenger should get full briefing about the tour from IRCTC before/after the booking to avoid any confusion.
- Passengers should keep sufficient drinking water during the journey.
- Normal room temperature one bottle of one litre water will be served on board whereas IRCTC will try to serve cool water (Subject to availability of Ice during the journey. Serving cool water on board is not mandatory.
- Passengers before boarding the train should ensure the proper Check up of their body/ health from their Doctor in order to be fit for travelling, IRCTC will not be responsible for any mishap due to unfit condition/ health problem such as restlessness/ anxiety/ Unusual breathing problem of Asthmatic clients/ any other physical problems and Natural Death of the passengers.
- No rude behavior will be entertained, further to which you will be forced to drop from the tour.
- Avoid any unlawful arguments and disquieting the beauty of tour programme.
- Kindly queue while boarding the buses and don’t rush at the accommodation centre. Our representative would allot accommodation as specified.
- It is the duty of the co-passenger to provide seats first for the Handicapped and old people.
- You should adhere to the time announced by the tour representatives. Failing which you will have to come to the next destination on your own expenses.
- While traveling, there might be some delay in providing food, so old people and diabetic passengers should carry some refreshments and packed food such as biscuits, bread etc.
- There might be delay in train arrivals and departures and the train may not be able to follow the train timings for which you will have to bear with us.
- There may be changes in the sightseeing itinerary that may be caused due to arise of situations that have to be adhered.
- Announcement made in the train should be followed strictly to have pleasant travel.
- In case any problem arises during the journey, the company’s decision will be final.
- The tourist should follow the instruction given by the tour representative and should not interfere in the administration.
- No smoking and consuming alcohol in the train.
- Please carry ID card at all items (like Driving License, Voter ID card, Ration Card, Pan Card) as proof of Identity for cross verification by Railway Authorities and the same has to be borne by the tourist.
- If any stampede/accident/drowning in Sea/River happened at the destination due to negligence of the passenger/s or situational factor, IRCTC will not be responsible.
- Alternate arrangements will be made for disruption of tour on account of natural calamities and the cost to be borne by the tourist.
- Arrangements will be made for medical attention during sickness and the cost to be borne by the tourist.
- The tourist will have adhere by the periodical guidelines issued by the authorities during the tour through announcement and should not intervene in their working and cause any inconvenience to co-passengers.
- The tour programme may be subject to alterations due to late running of the train. The final timings will be as per the railway order.
- The decision of IRCTC/South Central Zone will be final on account of problems arising in the conduct of the tour.
- Please DO follow guidelines of the Tour Manager at all times. Your Tour Manager is your source of information.
- Please DO carry a Photo Identity Card indicating proof of age such as Voter’s ID, Passport, PAN Card etc. for Security reasons.
- Please DO take complete and personal care of your belongings during the tour.
- Please DO maintain decency of language as a courtesy towards your fellow passengers in the train and other visitors at the shrines/places you visit.
- Please DO bear Entry Fee, if any, at the monuments if not specified in Inclusions.
- Please DO stay in groups and follow scheduled timings at the places you visit as per instructions of the Tour Manager.
- Please DO adheres to the revised itinerary if the situation so arises by following the instructions of Tour Manager. The itinerary provided to you may change due to unavoidable circumstances either before start of tour or during the tour.
- Please DO leaves the contact details of person(s) to be contacted in case of any Emergency with the Tour Manager.
- Please DO ensures switching off the Lights and fans in the compartments when not in use.
- Please DO NOT consumes alcoholic beverages, bidis, and cigarettes during the tour. IRCTC does not provide, promote or sell alcoholic beverages/cigarettes/bidi etc. and condones the use of all such items in its programs. Consumption of such items while on train is an offence punishable under law.
- Please DO NOT carry any valuables like jewellery, antiques, electronic equipments etc., on the tour. Clients carrying the same shall do so at their own risk. In case of any theft or any law & order issues leading to loss of passenger’s property, IRCTC shall not be responsible for the same.
- Please DO NOT Carry any Prohibited articles in person or in your baggage. The client alone shall be responsible for the cost and consequences that follow in the event of the client carrying the same.
- Please DO NOT be rude while interacting with locals and Please DO NOT indulge in any arguments. In case of any doubts on any matter, you may please communicate with the Tour Manager.
- Please DO NOT indulges in Photography if the same is restricted at certain places.
- Please DO NOT offend the local regulations.
- Please DO NOT pull the chain while traveling on train as it is a punishable offence when done without a valid reason.
- Your Tour Manager is your source of information. Please follow guidelines of the Tour Manager at all times.
In the train
- Do not pull the chain while traveling on train as it is a punishable offence when done without a valid reason.
- Do not cross railway tracks. Use over foot bridges.
- Do not waste any water unnecessarily in the train.
- Lights and fans in the compartments should be switched off when not in use.
- Please ensure that your attire does not offend the locals/visitors at the places you visit. At holy shrines, you may be required to remove your shoes.
- Please maintain decency of language as a courtesy towards your fellow passengers in the train and other visitors at the shrines/places your visit.
- Do not be rude while interacting with locals and do not indulge in any arguments. In case of any doubts on any matter, please communicate with the Tour Manager.
- Please be in groups and follow timings at the places you visit as per instructions of the Tour Manager.
- Photography may be restricted at certain places. Do not offend the local regulations.
- IRCTC reserves the right to remove any passenger that it feels is creating discord on the tour.
- IRCTC does not provide, promote or sell alcoholic beverages/cigarettes/bidi etc. and condones the use of all such items in its programs. Consumption of such items while on train is an offence punishable under law.